We’ve released a firmware update for the Amazfit GTS 2 and Amazfit GTR 2 that brings Amazon Alexa support to these smartwatches. See below for step-by-step instructions on how to update the firmware on your device and access Alexa.
How to Update the Firmware on your Amazfit Device
- 1 Have the Zepp App [Google Play| Apple Store] downloaded on your phone, and double check that the app is updated to the most current version.
- 2 Once in the Zepp App, tap the ‘Profile’ icon located at the bottom right.
- 3 From the ‘My Devices’ list, select the device that you are looking to update.
- 4 Scroll down to the ‘System Update’ section and tap it.
Once you have initiated the System Update, please keep the app open and wait until the process has finished. It should take a few minutes to complete.
How to Access Amazon Alexa
- 1 Open the Zepp App and Click ‘Profile’
- 2 Tap ‘Add Accounts’ and select ‘Amazon’
- 3 Log into your Amazon account
- 4 Click 'Authorization'
After successful authorization open Alexa by long-pressing the power button/home key. Ask Alexa to set alarms & timers, check the weather, control smart home devices, get translations and more. For additional questions on the firmware update process, please reach out to our support team here